BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Homophobia is a myth to me

I really really get annoyed when I see things like "They were being homophobic" or "Homophobia is running rampant" Phobias are fears, and honestly gays (Excluding some S&M homos) are not scary, and heteros are not scared.
Ignorant?
Yes
Scared?
hell no!
I just wish people would stop putting hatred under the guise of a fear. Some people hate the gays, some people might fear the "Gay agenda" (See equality)
But homophobia is a myth to me.

1 comment:

  1. I agree- I don't think very many people are actually afraid of gay people. What they're afraid of is gay people gaining acceptance in society because they don't want their personal religious beliefs marginalized. What we so often call "homophobia" is frequently just people who are afraid of becoming unpopular. Either that or, like you said, they're just hateful ignorant people. That's how I think of it anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Who visited lil' ol' me